Looking for new accent lighting ideas? Check out these tips from Mister Sparky Electrician Houston!
When you assess the lighting in your home, you should be able to pick out several layers of illumination. General lighting is typically centered on the ceiling, casting a bright light around the room. Task lighting, such as desk lamps, under-cabinet lights and reading lamps, are designed to help you get things done. Accent lighting helps showcase certain features of your home, such as artwork or custom cabinetry.
If you’re wanting to add visual drama to your home, consider these accent lighting ideas!
Accent Lighting Ideas for Your Home
Depending on what you want to illuminate, we have many accent lighting ideas and options:
- Picture lights: Artwork and photographs can really pop with a picture light mounted on the wall directly above each frame. Picture lights are usually reserved for formal settings because they can create an art gallery look.
- Cabinet, shelf, and bookcase lighting: Show off your favorite collection with lights mounted on the underside of cabinets or bookshelves. These can include puck lights, surface-mount lights, battery-operated lights, and micro fluorescent lights.
- Recessed lighting: Often positioned across the ceiling for general lighting, recessed lights can also serve as good accent lighting ideas. Aim the light at a piece of art or another key focus for effective accent lighting.
- Track lighting: Popular in modern or industrial designs, track lighting features three to five independently swiveling heads on a track. You can aim these fixtures however you want, using them to light up a built-in bookshelf or to provide indirect lighting around the room’s perimeter.
- LED rope, tape, and strip lights: These are perfect for highlighting unique architectural features. Mount rope, tape, or strip lights above your cabinets or in a cove ceiling to make such features stand out.
- String lights: For a fun, playful feel, hang string lights in arches across the ceiling. These temporary accent lighting ideas are perfect for parties, especially around the holidays.
Using Accent Lighting Ideas
So, what’s the point of using accent lighting inside your home? Consider these benefits:
- Add beauty: The most obvious reason to include accent lighting in your interior design is to set your home apart. Lighting plays a vital role in how your home appears, especially at night, and accent lighting enhances that look.
- Entertain better: String lights in particular add a fun, spunky feel to your home when you host parties. Your guests will appreciate the added beauty of your fun accent lighting ideas.
- Improve nighttime safety: You can choose to leave some accent lighting on all night to serve as nightlights. Toe kick lighting in the bathroom, for example, prevents you from stubbing your toe, and rope lights under kitchen cabinets light your way to the fridge for a midnight snack.
- Increase home value: If you’re moving soon, the addition of accent lighting is sure to make your home look its best during open houses. You may even be able to cushion the asking price after adding custom accent lights in a few rooms.
Ready to install accent lighting in your home? Pick your favorite accent lighting ideas and contact Mister Sparky Electrician Houston for help with your lighting installation!
Mister Sparky Electrician Houston, America’s On-Time Electrician, serves Houston, Texas and its surrounding cities including Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, Spring, The Woodlands and Kingwood with a team of certified electricians. In addition to emergency electrical repairs, some of the electrician services provided by the company include electrical outlet/switch repair, ceiling fan installation, lighting installation, aluminum wiring repair, landscape lighting installation and home electrical inspections.Call us today at (713) 428-2120 to schedule an appointment!
On Time Guarantee
We’re Here Whenever You Need Us
“We’re on time you’ll see or your electrical repair is free”. We back our superior electrical service with not only integrity, transparency, and dependability, but also our On Time Guarantee. We understand your time is valuable which is why we guarantee we will be there when you call.
When you need expert electrician services in Houston or surrounding areas, just give us a call at (713) 428-2120 or click here to book your appointment online so we can send a Mister Sparky technician to help you as soon as possible.
Red Carpet Treatment
The Respect you Deserve
Our technicians understand the value of being neat and considerate while working in your personal space, which is reflected in how we leave your home after solving eletrical issues.
Mister Sparky protects your home while he’s working: he slips on shoe covers (“floor savers”) and will even go the extra mile and roll out a red carpet to protect your flooring from dirt, scuffing, and scratches. Work completed, he vacuums the area to ensure that he leaves your home as clean or cleaner, than he found it.
Starched White Shirt
The Mister Sparky Standard
Because of Mister Sparky’s commitment to excellent service, we believe in hiring only the most professional and knowledgeable Houston Electricians. This means that in addition to technical excellence, all Mister Sparky electricians must uphold our Starched White Shirt standard for conduct and professionalism.
You can easily recognize a Mister Sparky electrician by his clean-cut, freshly shaven appearance and his signature starched white shirt and gray pants.