Electricity: is everywhere and nowhere all at once. How much do you know about electrical trivia and the invisible energy that lights up the world? (answers below)
Question #1: Which American company consumes the highest percentage of the world’s energy?
- General Motors
Question #2: Halogen lamps should always be kept away from?
- Combustible materials
- All of the above
Question #3: Which state consumes the most amount of electricity per household?
- New York
Question #4: Approximately what percentage of a light bulb’s energy is consumed by generating heat?
Question #5: Which home appliance consumes the most electricity?
- Water heater
- Personal Computers
Question #6: Approximately how much money is lost in the U.S. due to Inefficient appliances, drafty windows and doors, poor insulation, and other fixable energy wasters?
- $300 Million
- $3 Billion
- $30 Billion
- $300 Billion
Question #7: How much voltage is needed to injure a person?
- 120 volts or more
- 240 volts or more
- 300 volts or more
- Any voltage
Question #8: What’s the most cost-effective source of renewable energy for use at home?
- (Google uses enough energy to continuously power 200’000 homes)
- (All of the above—Halogen floor lamps operate at much higher temperatures than a standard incandescent light bulb. Never place a halogen floor lamp where it could come in contact with draperies, clothing or other combustible materials)
- D (The average Louisiana resident consumes 15,270 kilowatt hours per year)
- D (Incandescent lightbulbs create light by heating a filament inside the bulb and therefore generate a lot of heat. Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), on the other hand, use about 80% less electricity than conventional bulbs and last up to 12 times as long)
- B (Refrigerators in the U.S. consume about the same energy as 25 large power plants produce each year)
- (This is more than the annual budget for the U.S. military)
- D (Any voltage from any source can cause serious injury to your or family. Call Mister Sparky today to schedule your five-point safety inspection)
- (Solar power is the most inexpensive source of renewable energy for most homeowners and renters. Residential solar panel installation costs have dropped in recent years).
How did you do? Electricity is a strong source of power and should always be operated safely. If you need electrical work done in your home, call the experts at Mister Sparky Houston! We are ready to help and give you and your family peace of mind.
Mister Sparky Electrician Houston, America’s On-Time Electrician, serves Houston, Texas and the cities of Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, Spring, The Woodlands and others with a team of certified electricians. In addition to emergency electrical repairs, some of the electrician services provided by the company include electrical outlet/switch repair, ceiling fan installation, lighting installation, wiring repair, landscape lighting installation and home electrical inspections. Call us today at: (281) 907-8418.
On Time Guarantee
We’re Here Whenever You Need Us
“We’re on time you’ll see or your electrical repair is free”. We back our superior electrical service with not only integrity, transparency, and dependability, but also our On Time Guarantee. We understand your time is valuable which is why we guarantee we will be there when you call.
When you need expert electrician services in Houston or surrounding areas, just give us a call at (713) 428-2120 or click here to book your appointment online so we can send a Mister Sparky technician to help you as soon as possible.
Red Carpet Treatment
The Respect you Deserve
Our technicians understand the value of being neat and considerate while working in your personal space, which is reflected in how we leave your home after solving eletrical issues.
Mister Sparky protects your home while he’s working: he slips on shoe covers (“floor savers”) and will even go the extra mile and roll out a red carpet to protect your flooring from dirt, scuffing, and scratches. Work completed, he vacuums the area to ensure that he leaves your home as clean or cleaner, than he found it.
Starched White Shirt
The Mister Sparky Standard
Because of Mister Sparky’s commitment to excellent service, we believe in hiring only the most professional and knowledgeable Houston Electricians. This means that in addition to technical excellence, all Mister Sparky electricians must uphold our Starched White Shirt standard for conduct and professionalism.
You can easily recognize a Mister Sparky electrician by his clean-cut, freshly shaven appearance and his signature starched white shirt and gray pants.