Safe, neighborly response to COVID-19
As the news about the Coronavirus continues to develop, we would like to share our commitment to safe, neighborly practices in the community we serve. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our greatest concern.
Update March 24, 2020
Response after Harris County issues “Stay home, Work safe” order: We are open.
If you have a breakdown in your home during this “Stay home, Work safe” order from Harris County, know that our community’s electricians, plumbers, and HVAC technicians are considered essential services. Our electricians are here to get you back to normal fast. Be well and stay safe. #HoustonStrong
In the Harris County “Stay home, Work safe” order, essential business are those deemed ‘critical’ by Homeland Security. “Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.“
Update March 17, 2020
Here is our “all hands on deck” approach, reduced pricing, and hygiene practices for working at your home, as our community adjusts to the coronavirus disruption in our lives.
Watch this video or scroll to the bullet points below if you’d prefer to skim.
At your service,
All hands on deck to answer your call
Unexpected electrical problems are typically inconvenient, but with a stocked fridge, or kids at home, you may feel especially frustrated.
- Along with our leadership team, I am handling our calls, texts, and online bookings at night, rather than forwarding to our after-hours message-taking center. This way, you can reach our team up to 10pm.
- Our entire team is cross-trained to answer your call from their home base. As we wear many hats and adjust with positivity, you can help us by booking online or through texting.
- While setting up your appointment, we will ask you if someone in your home is sick. Should you need to cancel your service appointment, please let us know and we will work with you to reschedule when you’re ready.
Helping you save money if you have an electrical problem
- Price decreases have been made to our most-requested items, such as ceiling fan replacements and light fixture installations.
- The trip fee is waived if you have an electrical breakdown.
- Our interest-free and delayed payment plans allow you to keep more cash in your pocket now. (With Approved Credit)
Your electrician will…
- Dispatch to you from their personal residence, rather than coming into our office.
- Only serve one to three customers per day, on average.
- Practice social distancing outside work hours.
Servicing your home
Your electrician will…
- Wear gloves, a mask, and our standard shoe covers.
- Greet you with a friendly wave, rather than a hand-shake.
- Stay home if they are sick.
- Practice conscientious handwashing.
- We are canceling our free monthly Electrician Classes and Homeowner DIY Workshops until further notice.
Thank you for reading this far. I know you’ve received many messages about how the companies you do business with are adjusting to COVID-19.
As we enter our neighbors homes every day, we feel it’s especially important. Please let me know if you have other recommendations, requests, or feedback.
–Jessica Hodge | Owner, Mister Sparky
The measures above are based on information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As this is a fast evolving issue, we encourage you to continuously refer to the website of the CDC for updates: www.cdc.gov.